The NSW Elder Abuse Helpline & Resource Unit provides information, support and referrals relating to the abuse of older people living in the community across NSW. We provide practical assistance and easy-to-understand information to older people, family members and frontline workers on ways to reduce and prevent abuse.
When you call, you will speak with a person who will help you:
- Identify what the older person really wants to achieve
- Develop a support and action plan (including referral options)
- Explore all possibilities
- Empower the older person or advocate for the older person
- Understand the rights of the older person and demystify some of the options (e.g. AVOs, Behavioural Management Orders, Community Treatment Orders, Powers of Attorney, Legal Support Services, and the Guardianship Division of the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT))
We also conduct education and training for frontline workers, and present information sessions for community groups.
The Helpline collects key data to help inform best practice in terms of elder abuse policy and prevention moving forward.